Frequently Asked Questions
Does Amanda have a studio where we can see her work in person?
I do! I recently moved into a studio in Downtown St. Petersburg, FL! I am a part of a collective of 19 artists who work and sell art out of their studios. We are located above the Florida CraftArt Gallery on the corner of Central Ave and 5th St. North. We are open to the public every Wednesday and Saturday and participate in the Second Saturday Art Walk on the second Saturday of each month, from 5-9pm. Any days and times other that our open hours can be scheduled individually with each artist. Feel free to contact me to set up a time for you to tour my studio – #233.
If I order a commissioned art piece, how long will it take to create?
Each piece, depending on size, can take anywhere from a week to months to create, finish and cure. For more specifics, we recommend contacting the artist, Amanda Pratt, directly so she can give you an appropriate time frame. Generally, each piece takes 2-4 weeks to create and an additional 1-2 weeks to fully cure before it can be delivered and hung.
How do I care for my art?
- Resin is a synthetic material and can be easily scratched or marked. Try to avoid placing sharp or abrasive objects on their surfaces.
- Protect your resin table top from hot, wet or abrasive objects by using coasters, trivets and placemats.
- Ensure your art or resin furniture is not too close to a heat source, or in direct sunlight or moonlight for long periods.
- Certain solvents can damage resin, it is best to keep your art or furniture away from harsh chemicals.
- To clean your art and/or furniture, use a clean, soft cloth dampened with a solution of mild detergent and water. Blot dry using a clean soft cloth.
Does Amanda offer group art classes?
Amanda can teach art classes for your group ,party or organization. She teaches acrylic pour classes and alcohol ink basics for groups with all materials provided. She offers group discounts and can go over the requirements for the event specific to your needs. Please set up a consultation for details.